I have been in MUN for 2 year when it had first started as an afterschool club, to when it became a class. In my experiences from going to about five different conferences in the past two year I have learned that having a strong connection with others is what creates a team. In the first conference I attended my best friend who was my partner could not attend because she was busy with school, her job and studying for her SATs in a couple of months. Knowing that she couldn’t go I got upset not because she let me down, but because I didn’t really have a close relationship with anyone in the club at the time. That experience taught me that it doesn’t matter if your partner is here or not because you could end up have someone who is the complete opposite of you, all the at matters is that the relationship you have a close relationship with your whole team, so even when your partner is MIA you can always find someone to fill in that place and help you.
The second important I important thing I learned from MUN is always ask for help when you know you in need. During my conference in Harvard, my partner and felt overwhelmed because the kids there were so much more experienced in MUN. The sad part was that when the committee was deciding which topic to choose from my partner’s topic was the one that had been chosen. I wish that before could read up on his topic, but I was to busy preparing my own that I almost had not idea what my countries position was on the topic he had. Through the whole conference I constantly let my partner know that if he needs any help I would do whatever I could to help especially since this was his very first conference. After what happened in Harvard I realized that my partner and have different topic, but if we don’t study up on both together there would be no way that any of you could help each other.
Through all the conferences I have attended I learned on thing that will forever leave unrecoverable mark in my life. I am an extremely shy person, when I was an NGO in the PhiliMUN conference I realized that I feel better and more confident in myself when I’m working behind the scenes. I have like inside heart attacks and my body shakes uncontrollable, at first I thought it was because I wasn’t use to, but after awhile it dawned on that public speaking is the last thing I should ever due especial in conference where I have to play a representative of an NGO.
MUN has helped me to understand myself and for that I will always cherish ever little memories I gain for this class. Thank you to ever person I ever worked with because I know that in the beginning it ever started out easy. Thank you to everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment